Wednesday, January 29, 2014

George Clooney's Reddit AMA: The 10 Best Questions & Answers

It isn't exactly breaking news that George Clooney is funny and charming, but the actor-writer-director-heartthrob cemented his status as one of Hollywood's most delightful people Tuesday while answering a wide range of questions during a reddit funny.com/r/IAmA/comments/1wdzwq/hello_reddit_george_clooney_here_amaa/">Reddit AMA.

Among offering some sobering responses to queries about his work with the United Nations and advocacy for war-torn regions like Sudan, Clooney also busted out some hilarious replies to a host of more lighthearted questions, ranging from his plans to avenge Tina Fey's excellent Golden Globes zinger ("I'm working on getting them back in a big way") to who's the better the cobbler: him or Daniel Day-Lewis? (For the record, Clooney claims he's the superior shoemaker.)

Here's a roundup of some more of his best replies.

On playing basketball with Leonardo DiCaprio:

That was a fun day. It's always fun when you play people younger than you and win. We're playing a bunch of six year olds tomorrow.

On having poor fashion choices from early in his career come back to haunt him:

[E]veryone goes through awkward phases a lot of the time and sometimes it's very public which is always bad. Somebody was talking to me on set and said remember Merv Grifin? I was on in 1985 which is pretty odd, and they youtubed it and I come out in this horrible yellow shirt and yellow socks and a mullet. And the whole set is howling. This stuff lives on forever. So everyone has awkward phases, just hope they're not recorded for everyone to see for the rest of time.

On shooting "Gravity" with Sandra Bullock:

It's tricky cause Sandy drinks so much that oftentimes it's just hard to keep her upright. No, you know, Sandy and I have known each other for over 20 years and we both were struggling actors when we first met. ... She's somebody I adore, really, she's just fun to be in a room with. I'm sure people will assume people aren't quite who they appear to be on screen--they're shorter or taller or meaner or dumber--but Sandy is exactly what she appears on screen, an incredibly charming woman who's really just fun to hang out with. Very smart and centered, even though she does drink a lot.

On how Hollywood has changed for aspiring actors:

It used to be that you couldn't get a job until you were in the Screen Actors Guild, which you couldn't do if you weren't in the union, and its not like that anymore. That's how we have artists like Justin Bieber. The world is better for it now.

On working on Brad Bird's mysterious Disney flick, "Tomorrowland":

Brad is a really good guy with a wild imagination. If I don't screw it up it will be a great film. You have to be careful what you say because everything is top secret, so I don't want to ruin it by telling you that everyone dies in the end.

On "KY PRIDE":

Well, I hope you mean KY the state, and not KY jelly. Because, you know, I don't know how proud you should be about that. ... But we do have a very good basketball team this year....

On the books he's always wanted to read:

I've been spending the last year trying to get through the Cat in the Hat series. But, I'm still not there - I'm a slow reader.

On the movie he's most embarrassed by:

Well I wasn't thrilled with the nipples on the batsuit. You know that's not something you really think about when you're putting it on. You figure all batsuits have nipples and then you realize yours was really the first. Batman was just constantly cold I guess.

On the classic Reddit query, "Would you rather fight one horse sized duck or 100 duck sized horses?":

Can't I do both? No, I want the duck-sized horses, I could take them. The saddles on them are so cute.

On multitasking, and being the king of bringing AMAs full-circle:

I love riding motorcycles. ... And I do that, believe it or not, while I'm actually cobbling.

There's still plenty more awesome answers where those came from. Check out the entire AMA over on Reddit.

No comments:

Post a Comment